You know I can be quite crazy over recipes from the various websites I visited or even magazines found in salons and clinics. I got this recipe from the magazine I read that belongs to the clinic a few years ago.
As a considerate reader, I do not wish to tear the page without permission. Even if I asked, it will be impossible for me to have that page so I copied down instead.
When it comes to cooking, I will always choose a delicious and less tedious dish.. This is the recipe I recommend if you are a person who saves time and prefers cleaning. You just have to stir fry and combine all ingredients in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours while you get busy with other things. Here’s the recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
1kg lamb, cubed (neck chops or boneless lamb leg)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, quartered
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 carrots (cut into 5cm pieces)
2 stick of celery (cut into 5cm long)
350g new potatoes
225g mashed potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
500ml chicken stock
1. Season lamb cubes with salt and pepper. Leave for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a heavy casserole dish brown meat in olive oil then remove from pot.
3. Scrape all meat from the bottom with a wooden spoon, add butter and sauté onions and garlic until soft.
4. Add carrots, celery, browned lamb and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for an hour before adding new potatoes.
6. Simmer for another 45 minutes until lamb is tender and potatoes cooked.
7. To thicken stew, add mashed potatoes and stir until well combine. Simmer for another 15minutes. Serves hot with crusty bread.
Brown the lamb, saute the onions and garlic and then combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Leave to cook for about 8hours while you get on with other things.
Eat with rice, bread and with a cup of tea will do.
I’m feeling hungry already..
If you have turbo cooking pot like I do, that’ll be even better! It is energy saving. You just have to boil the stew and transfer it to the thermal pot. It’ll continue to cook for 4-5 hours and it will still be piping hot!