Back in my teenage years, I remembered that this was the first cake I ever baked and it turned out nice. From that day onwards I always bake this banana cake and it tastes so good even though it is so easy to bake.
However, I did not use sour cream as an ingredient until my Japanese friend advised me to. It gives the cake an additional fragrance which I don’t know how to describe too. But I personally feel that even without the sour cream it has the original flavour which tastes just as good. Here’s the recipe.
4 medium eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g chopped walnuts (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 170°C for 35 to 45 minutes.
2. Sift the flour together with the baking powder and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
4. Add the eggs at intervals and beat well.
5. Add the mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla essence; stir until everything is fully mixed.
6. Fold in the flour mixture.
Pour the mixture into well greased 10″ x 2½” pan. The center of the cake must raise slightly when it cools down.
Isn’t it simple? Give it a try!