Hello! I apologise for the late update. This blog has always been on my mind but throughout last year, I was busy and had a few things to settle. I am back now with a new update!
I took these pictures during baking for CNY orders. Pineapple tart is one of my family’s favourite snack. Due to the overwhelming response, I only managed to bake for my friends.
Pre-made pineapple filling rolled into little round blobs.
Rub the dough till breadcrumb-like texture.
Getting the pastry ready to be shaped!
Laying the shaped pastry…
All ready to set – with the little star! Off it goes into the oven..
All the hard work are worth it when the outcome looks and tastes so good!
These pictures were taken using my Samsung mobile phone; while waiting for the bus or on the way to work. I would often look at it. Especially those pictures with the dough filled with pineapple fillings and a little star to top it off. What a great combination!
Here’s the recipe.
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water with a pinch of salt
Pre-made filling can be found in supermarkets.
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Rub in butter till mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add egg yolks, cold water and salt.
3. Knead to form a firm dough.
4. Roll out pastry on a board to about 0.5cm thick. Cut out with a pineapple tart cutter.
5. Fill the tart case with 2 teaspoons of pineapple filling and pat gently into a slight mound.
6. Place tartlets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes in 140C.